Sunday, March 17, 2013

Trip to Cambridge

Last weekend we headed over to Cambridge.  Jeremy went to the Badger vs. St Cloud hockey game on Saturday night with his cousins, brother in a law and a couple other friends so Sawyer and I tagged along and spent the weekend at my mom's!

We left work a couple of hours early so we could get a head start on the long drive and get there early enough to not totally throw Sawyer's bedtime off!  She does much better in her car seat than she used to but she isn't much of a car sleeper.  Out of the 8 hours we were in the car, she maybe slept 3 1/2 of it.  Our leaving early did keep her a little more on track and she actually slept through the night that night :)  It's great when she does sleep through but I can handle the once a night wakings we've been having lately, it's those 2-3 times a night that get ya!

Saturday we took Jeremy into Madison to meet up with the guys and we went to a little cupcake shop called Gigi's Cupcakes.  They were delicious!  Mom, Matt and I split a box of them basically trying all the different cupcakes in the box and then I got a few to take home afterwards :)  They also had some mini cupcakes which I took into work for my teammates.  I can't believe I didn't take a picture of them...very disappointed in myself.  Guess we'll have to go back again next time!

After the cupcake shop, we went downtown to a little shop which I don't even know the name of.  It was raining and it took us forever to find a parking spot so that was the only shop we made it into.  We had to return a pair of shoes for Sawyer so we could get a bigger size and I got a new wallet!  I no longer carry a purse and I just throw my wallet in my laptop bag for work or the diaper bag so I needed a wallet that could hold my junk and stay shut.  My old one wasn't staying shut anymore and that just won't cutting it since I never have a purse.  So far, I love my new wallet :)

Saturday night we enjoyed some Papa Murphy's pizza and mom and I watched a movie.  Well, mom watched the movie.  I tried really hard to keep my eyes open but I lost the battle.  I knew I wouldn't make it since I was curled up on my mom's bed.  I'm sure it was a great movie :)

Sunday Sawyer and I headed out around noon to pick Jeremy up in Madison and head home.  I'm really ready for spring because the drive home stunk!  It was raining when we left, then it was pouring, we got a little break around the dells but then once we hit Tomah it was pouring again and when we got to Rochester it was snow.  Yuck!!  I'm ready for warmer days :)

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

Happy girl on the car ride to Madison.

Playing with her octopus!

Playing in her jumperoo at Grandma B's!

Napping away in the crib at Grandma B's.

Hanging out with Grandma B.

Sawyer has started laughing at Maple within the past month.  Maple will just come by her and she starts laughing.  She also thinks it's really funny when Maple licks her hands (me, not so much).  Here is a video of her laughing at Maple, Libby and Zoe playing.



No comments: