Monday, March 4, 2013

Sawyer - 5 months!

I think each month is going faster and faster!  Our little Sawyer is growing so quickly right before our eyes!


She just loves playing with her toes!

She is working on rolling over from back to tummy now but just can't get over her arm!  Soon enough I'm sure :)

At 5 months old...
-Sawyer is just our little ray of sunshine!  She is truly a happy baby.  Very smiley and giggly and we just love that about her!
-At the same token, she let's you know when she doesn't like something, especially the way she's being held.  Let's just say she's got both of us wrapped around her little finger :)
-She's still in 6 month clothes, at least for a couple more weeks.  She weighed in at 15 lbs 2 ounces a few days before she was 5 months old.
-Still in size 2 diapers.
-She has been having some blow outs lately!  I had a fun time cleaning her in the Kwik Trip bathroom on the way home from the dells.  Poop up to her shoulders.  How can there be so much poop?
-Tries pulling herself up into a sitting position but can't keep herself sitting once we help her get there.  
-Grabs everything within reach and puts it in her mouth.  Everything.
-Her hands are her favorite thing to chew on.  She's even started trying to chew on my hands.
-Loves blowing bubbles and making raspberry sounds with her mouth.
-Recently started playing with her tongue and actually chewing on it!  Such a goof.
-Bath time is still a favorite and we're past the stage of her crying when she gets out.  She loves splashing around and playing with her toes in the tub.
-Her hair is coming in and it's red!  Plus I'm pretty sure it's going to be curly.  The water from the bath springs the back of her hair right up.  Lucky girl has her mommy's hair :)
-Sawyer is a cat napper.  She was taking 4-5 naps a day earlier in the month and now she's down to 3-4 naps with an earlier bedtime.  She takes a couple short naps and a 1 1/2-2 hour nap at daycare but on the weekends, an hour is typically the longest I can get out of her, unless she's being held.  Amazing how different daycare vs. home is.  She sure knows the difference!  Maybe someday she'll nap as well at home as she does at daycare.  Guess she just wants to spend as much time with mom and dad as she can :)
-Nighttime has been inconsistent this past month.  We've been working on breaking the swaddle and she's been swaddled with one arm out since mid-January at night and she doesn't have a swaddle at daycare for naps.  We also gave up the swaddle for naps at home so we thought let's try to get the other arm out at night.  After a week and a half of getting up 2-3 times a night, she is now swaddled again.  Apparently she likes it more than we thought!  We'll try again in a couple of weeks to break it, but until then, I'll take the consecutive hours of sleep when I can get it.  She slept 10 1/2 hours straight on Saturday night which was a record for her.  I got 9 hours of sleep, it's been a LONG time since I got that much sleep.  I felt like a new woman :)  Then last night, 3-4:15 am was awake time...really?  I'm just accepting the fact that regular sleep may not be in the cards for a while.  

Time, can you slow down so we can keep our baby a baby a little longer?  It's hard to believe she'll be 6 months old soon!  These past 5 months have been amazing and being a parent has been both challenging and so rewarding.  I wouldn't trade it for anything!

1 comment:

Ledebuhr Family said...

Sleep is such a luxury here, too! You've got one beautiful little lady :)