Monday, September 10, 2012

Another two weeks down!

In the here and now, it feels like time is moving slowly but really, looking back on the past two weeks, they've flown by!  I am glad they are going fast because we can't wait to meet Baby C!
 
Two Wednesday's ago, three of my good girlfriends, Stacy, Whitney and Angela threw me a baby shower in Owatonna.  It was such a nice shower and I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends at work and where we live :) 

Whitney made this super cute fruit bowl that looks like a baby in a cradle!

They got the cutest elephant cake made of cupcakes!  So yummy :)


Whitney also made this cute diaper cake with adorable little toys on it!
We got some really great gifts from our friends down here, Baby C is so lucky!  It is so great having wonderful friends and there will be lots of little kiddos for Baby C to be friends with once he/she is born :)  Thanks everyone for coming to the shower and for being such good friends!
 
Labor Day weekend we stayed in Owatonna as good friends of ours, Megan and Jasper, tied the knot!  It was so much fun being a part of their special day :)  The wedding was at a very neat church in Faribault and the reception was at the Owatonna Country Club.  It was a beautiful wedding and they are such a good looking couple.
 
Mr and Mrs Kruggel!!

Whitney, Megan and I at the reception.
On Labor Day, Jeremy and I headed up to the cities and met up with Tanya and Jennie for lunch before we did some shopping.  We didn't do much but we hit up Babies R Us, Target and Trader Joe's!  It's been a long time since we've been to Trader Joe's so we stocked up on stuff so we're set for a while :)
 
So good to see you girls!!
It was nice having only a four day work week with Labor Day!  It was officially my last short week until I am on maternity leave :)  Weird to think I'll be off work for a whole 12 weeks!  The week was full of Jeremy's 4 softball games and 1 kickball game.  I felt like I was at the diamonds all week but I can't complain because I was out doing something and the weather was gorgeous!
 
On a not so great note, my brother Ryan was victim in a very bad car accident on Sept. 1st in Madison, WI.  Two others were injured and one DOA.  Ryan is pretty beaten up, but he is still with us so our family is very blessed.  He had his first surgery the next day on his left leg where they inserted a rod from about his hip to his knee which will be permanent.  His second surgery was on his right elbow that was shattered from his upper arm bone which pushed down and split the elbow bone in half (the x-ray picture I saw of this is unbelievable).  The surgery took over 6 hours to reconstruct his elbow!  He has numerous pins and rods holding it back together, and those will also be permanent.  He had his third surgery on his broken back today as well as his fourth and final surgery on his left foot/ankle.  From what I know, his surgeries went well today as well.  Now that the surgeries are done and over with, it's onto his recovery.  Thanks for everyones support and prayers, our family greatly appreciates it.  We are hoping for a fast and full recovery!
 
The 6th was our four year wedding anniversary!  My sweet husband got me some flowers and sugar cookies, boy he knows me well :)  Pregnant or not, I love sugar cookies!  I am so blessed to have Jeremy as my husband, he is thoughtful, helpful and is going to be such a wonderful father.  I couldn't ask for a better husband.
 
Flowers from my thoughtful husband!
This past weekend we went back to Eau Claire for Jessica's baby shower.
 
I just loved the elephant cake my girlfriends got for my shower that I wanted to do the same for Jessica's.  The cupcakes are so good!

Grandma Carey made an adorable baby fruit bowl as well for Jessica's shower.  I helped a little with the face, but she deserves the credit for all the hard work she did on everything else!!
Sunday Jeremy and Maple went down to Neilsville with his dad to set up tree stands and I did a little shopping with my girlfriend Melissa.  We hit up JoAnn Fabrics and Michael's together and then I made a little pit stop at the mall as well.  We spent the afternoon watching football at Jeremy's parents house and then we headed home.  Maple is still tuckered out from all the running she did!
 
I just had to include the above picture of Maple this past week sleeping under the crib while I was rocking in the chair and reading.  She is so sweet and it's going to be exciting to see how she does with baby, I think she's going to do great!  Already a little protector ;)
 
6 more weeks to go and here is how Baby C is growing!
 
 
Baby C was doing good at my two week appointment last week.  Measuring pretty much on track and heartbeat was still up there at 157.  Baby C has been head down for our past three appointments and I'm hoping he/she stays that way.  He/she really likes to push it's butt as if it's trying to get out of my stomach and it's knees/feet are up in my ribs all the time.  As long as he/she stays head down, the knees and feet can jab me in the ribs all day long :)  
 
I had been convinced it was a girl but now I'm not so sure.  Guess we'll just have to wait a little while longer to find out!  It's fun to look at all the wives tales and guess but not too big them being accurate because with a 50/50 shot of being right, of course they will be right some of the time! ;) 
 
Only one more two week appointment left before we go to weekly appointments.  Thinking of it that way, makes six weeks feel like they are going to go quite fast.  Other than being a little more on the tired side again, I'm feeling pretty good and really can't complain :)  Looking forward to the next six weeks coming and going quickly ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are looking so cute. Take all the naps that you can. Hope Ryan is doing good. I am thinking girl.
Lea