Monday, August 27, 2012

Nesting

 
Apparently nesting is a real thing!  I don't enjoy cleaning but I do enjoy organizing and boy did I do a lot of that this weekend! 
 
Friday night Krista and Whitney came over and we made cards!  Lots of cards.  I made over 60 baby thank you cards and they turned out mighty cute.  Feels good to have those done with and I got the first batch of cards in the mail today :)
 
Saturday was my "nesting" day!  I got up and first thing I started doing was cleaning out the kitchen.  I cleaned out/re-organized every cupboard in the kitchen, our hutch and the hall closet.  I was able to make room for our baby dishes and bottles and we still have some extra space!  Amazing how much junk can accumulate.  After the kitchen I moved onto the bathroom and cleaned out all the drawers and the cupboard in there.  I have two empty shelves in our cupboard now and an empty drawer for all the baby towels and bathroom supplies.
 
Jeremy helped out and cleaned the last of his stuff out of the closet in the nursery and I was able to move all the diapers in there.  We went through clothes we've gotten thus far and I got them ready to go into the wash.  How early should I wash baby blankets and clothes?  I should probably look that up...
 
With all the extra space I created, we were able to put away all the shower gifts and Jeremy put together the pack n play (thanks Aunt Judy).  It's now set up in the living room downstairs just waiting for baby :)



Saturday afternoon we did some shopping too!  We headed out to the outlet mall and hit up Carter's.  Got a couple of basic packs of white onesies, a sleeper and of course, a Halloween outfit for Baby C!  Even if he/she is only a few days old, he/she will have the cutest little outfit :)
 
8 more weeks to go feels like an eternity but yet it also feels like it's just around the corner.  Time has been going fast for us since we've been busy and fall is going to be busy as well!  In September we have 2 weddings and 2 baby showers so that's practically every weekend in the month except one!  Then it's already October and then we just sit and wait for baby :)
 
Here is the progress of the baby bump!  Baby C is still head down and still has a heartbeat anywhere between 140-150 BPM.  He/she has also made his/her way up into my ribs and likes to push it's way up there - oh boy that's fun!  However, I do love watching my stomach move and practically roll when baby is moving around :)


This week I'll be busy watching Jeremy play softball and kickball and my friends are throwing me a baby shower on Wednesday!  Can't wait :)

No comments: