Monday, August 13, 2012

70 more days!

With 70 more days to go, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby C!  Being the planner that I am, we've gotten all the big stuff done and now I feel like we are in a little bit of a lull waiting for baby to get here!

Nursery is officially complete.  Jeremy put blinds up last weekend and he finished making the bookends last night.  He also put together the end stand which is looking pretty nice with the lamp we got from my aunt and uncle (thanks!).  We ordered some awesome books for Baby C that will be coming at the end of the month and I can't wait to see how they look in the bookends!



Last weekend I went to my girlfriend Whitney's bridal shower that Megan through in town.  It was such a cute shower!  She did a brunch on Sunday morning and had delicious breakfast food on her cute porch - it was a gorgeous day for it!  I'm so excited for both Whitney and Megan's up coming weddings!

I felt like I had a lot of appointments in the past couple of weeks with having to go back in for three hour gestational diabetes test.  I am happy to report that I PASSED!!  It was a long three hours and I got a slight headache, but it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it would be.  All I have to say is that junk they make you drink is disgusting!

We are now to bi-weekly doctors appointments as well!  Baby C is doing great and was measuring right on track at 29 weeks!  He/she is no longer sideways and is head down.  Yippee!!  Let's hope baby stays that way now :)  Heartbeat was in the 150-155 range so still pointing towards a girl based on the old wives tale - we shall see!

This past weekend was pretty low key, but nice!  Saturday morning we drove over to Tomah and met my parents to get my car to my brother.  My mom & Eric drove Ryan up and I dad drove down to meet us too.  Once we had gotten things squared away with the car, dad drove us back to Owatonna and hung out with us the rest of the weekend.  It was awesome to see my dad as this was the first time I'd seen him since I've been pregnant!  He made me feel good when he told me he thought I'd be bigger than I am :)  I'm glad he was able to come over and visit us on his time off from work and he got to see the nursery in person!  Hopefully he can get on a job closer to home so it's easier for him to come visit more often once Baby C arrives!

Baby C must be starting to grow like a weed because I feel like I'm getting bigger every day! 


So far the third trimester hasn't been bad, I'm just back to being tired! I feel like we've done a good job of getting things ready for Baby C so that feels great, I'd probably be going nuts if we still had stuff to do but at the same time, I'm almost bored because I don't have anything else to buy/organize right now. I think it's time to get a couple more baby books to read :) Any suggestions on good baby books you've read??

My first baby shower is on Saturday in Cambridge and I can't wait to see friends and family!

No comments: