We made it to the third trimester! Whoo hoo! We are really hoping the next twelve weeks go fast, we can't wait to meet Baby C :) I'm at a point where there isn't anything else I can buy so I'm starting to feel a little antsy waiting for Baby's arrival!
I wish I could say the past two weeks went fast but I feel like it's been forever since I last posted! As usual, our weeks have been busy with softball which is now coming to an end (at least for me). We had our last co-ed games last week and I have one more women's game on Thursday this week. Jeremy's men's team has started their tournament play and if they keep winning, they could keep playing for a few more weeks! Even if they don't make it until the end, fall ball will be starting the end of August and Jeremy will be busy with men's & co-ed softball as well as kick ball! I'll be a spectator this year for all of the fall sports, it was getting a little hard to bend down for ground balls ;)
A couple of Wednesday's ago we had our monthly book club up at Ashley's house. The book for the month was the second and third books from Fifty Shades of Grey. This time around, our discussion was more based on the actual store line than everything else that goes on in the book ;) If you haven't read them, I suggest them simply for the story line. They were good! I'm hosting next month and picked The Art of Racing in the Rain (I'm already done with it and thought it was pretty good too!).
We had to run to Rochester a couple of times that week to drop the van off to get a couple of things fixed under warranty and then to pick it up. While we were there we did some final shopping for the nursery, aka the mirror. Amazing how hard it is to find a white mirror! We tried about 4 places before we finally found one at the TJ Maxx Home Goods Store. Here it is!
I wish I could say the past two weeks went fast but I feel like it's been forever since I last posted! As usual, our weeks have been busy with softball which is now coming to an end (at least for me). We had our last co-ed games last week and I have one more women's game on Thursday this week. Jeremy's men's team has started their tournament play and if they keep winning, they could keep playing for a few more weeks! Even if they don't make it until the end, fall ball will be starting the end of August and Jeremy will be busy with men's & co-ed softball as well as kick ball! I'll be a spectator this year for all of the fall sports, it was getting a little hard to bend down for ground balls ;)
A couple of Wednesday's ago we had our monthly book club up at Ashley's house. The book for the month was the second and third books from Fifty Shades of Grey. This time around, our discussion was more based on the actual store line than everything else that goes on in the book ;) If you haven't read them, I suggest them simply for the story line. They were good! I'm hosting next month and picked The Art of Racing in the Rain (I'm already done with it and thought it was pretty good too!).
We had to run to Rochester a couple of times that week to drop the van off to get a couple of things fixed under warranty and then to pick it up. While we were there we did some final shopping for the nursery, aka the mirror. Amazing how hard it is to find a white mirror! We tried about 4 places before we finally found one at the TJ Maxx Home Goods Store. Here it is!
We got a couple of other items for the room like a humidifier and the mobile for the crib! It's super cute, I am seriously obsessed with elephants now :)
Jeremy is working on the book ends for the bookshelf and so far, they look great! He's got them all cut out and the first coat of paint on them. If I had to guess, they'll be done by the end of the week! I can't wait to the finished products :)
Two weekends ago my friend Whitney and I headed up to Lake Minnetonka for our friend Megan's bridal shower. Her girlfriends did a great job hosting her shower and the house it was at was beautiful! It was so fun meeting Megan's friends and spending the day with Whitney!
Last week we met with another day care provider and made our pick! We really liked one of the others we met with but she ended up not having an opening after all but I think the one we are going with is a great pick! When they built their house, they made a room specific for her day care kids and it looks like a little classroom. She's got lots of learning posters on the walls, she does tons of activities with them and teaches them colors, letters, shapes, numbers, holidays etc in these cute little work books she puts together with them. It feels so great to have such a big item checked off our list and I couldn't feel better about our decision with her. She's close to my work so it will be convenient for me to drop Baby C off and pick him/her up!
This past weekend we stayed in Owatonna and had a really nice weekend! Megan and Whitney got me started on the show Lost so I watched a few episodes on Friday night while Jeremy went up to Faribault to watch his buddy Jake play softball. Saturday morning we had to work an hour at concession stands for the men's softball tournament in town and being that it was early, it was pretty quiet. After that, we went to the farmers market and installed the car seat! The car seat adapter came for the stroller and that was pretty easy to set up too!
Two weekends ago my friend Whitney and I headed up to Lake Minnetonka for our friend Megan's bridal shower. Her girlfriends did a great job hosting her shower and the house it was at was beautiful! It was so fun meeting Megan's friends and spending the day with Whitney!
Last week we met with another day care provider and made our pick! We really liked one of the others we met with but she ended up not having an opening after all but I think the one we are going with is a great pick! When they built their house, they made a room specific for her day care kids and it looks like a little classroom. She's got lots of learning posters on the walls, she does tons of activities with them and teaches them colors, letters, shapes, numbers, holidays etc in these cute little work books she puts together with them. It feels so great to have such a big item checked off our list and I couldn't feel better about our decision with her. She's close to my work so it will be convenient for me to drop Baby C off and pick him/her up!
This past weekend we stayed in Owatonna and had a really nice weekend! Megan and Whitney got me started on the show Lost so I watched a few episodes on Friday night while Jeremy went up to Faribault to watch his buddy Jake play softball. Saturday morning we had to work an hour at concession stands for the men's softball tournament in town and being that it was early, it was pretty quiet. After that, we went to the farmers market and installed the car seat! The car seat adapter came for the stroller and that was pretty easy to set up too!
We had planned to take a drive down to Ellendale (about 20 minutes south) to Steve's Meat Market to pick up some steaks for dinner this weekend. What better time to test out how Maple does in the van with the car seat? We were pleasantly surprised when she didn't even try to go near it! I had envisioned her jumping in it from the other seat, but no such thing! It's like she knew it was off limits :) So proud of our little pup! I think she's going to be a trooper when Baby C comes.
We got tons of good meat from the meat market! Pizza burgers, pork burgers, taco burgers, steak, beef sticks, summer sausage, chuck roast and steaks! The Carey's will be eating good for a while :) We had the t-bone steaks last night and they were delicious. Can't wait to try out one of the burgers this week!
Saturday afternoon we headed down to Albert Lea and met up with the Ludwikowski's to watch some show skiing! A couple of former Ski Sprites ski for the Twin Cities River Rats and the Regional Tournament was in Albert Lea so we couldn't pass it up. The tournament was a little sad compared to Wisconsin's Water Ski State Tournament, but it was still fun to watch a few shows and hang out with friends. The River Rats had a really good show which included this awesome water board!
We got tons of good meat from the meat market! Pizza burgers, pork burgers, taco burgers, steak, beef sticks, summer sausage, chuck roast and steaks! The Carey's will be eating good for a while :) We had the t-bone steaks last night and they were delicious. Can't wait to try out one of the burgers this week!
Saturday afternoon we headed down to Albert Lea and met up with the Ludwikowski's to watch some show skiing! A couple of former Ski Sprites ski for the Twin Cities River Rats and the Regional Tournament was in Albert Lea so we couldn't pass it up. The tournament was a little sad compared to Wisconsin's Water Ski State Tournament, but it was still fun to watch a few shows and hang out with friends. The River Rats had a really good show which included this awesome water board!
If they didn't cost so much money, I'd say Dave needs one of these up at the cabin with his jet skis!!
Yesterday we had some maternity pictures taken by a friend of my from work! We were supposed to get them done at 9:00 am but after a few shots it started raining so we postponed them until 5:00 last night. I was worried about it being too hot that late in the day but it wasn't as bad as I expected. I can't wait to get our pictures back, I think Andi got some really good shots!
As for the pregnancy, we've officially made it to the third trimester today! Yippee! Still feeling pretty good but starting to loose some energy. After working out tonight I feel like it gave me a bunch of energy back! Now with softball being over, I should be able to get a few workouts in a week instead of only 1 or 2 (other than ball).
I didn't pass the glucose test the first time around so now I get to go sit at the clinic for 3+ hours tomorrow morning to get the more in depth one done. My number wasn't too far over the cut off, so hopefully all is good. If not, I guess I'll be watching what I eat more closely and keeping up with my workouts :) I was a little disappointed at first that I didn't pass but after reading more about it online, it has more to do with my body not being able to process sugars like it should than be having bad habits so that made me feel a little better. Let's hope I pass because the one sweet I like to have is ice cream and it might be a long twelve weeks without it :)
My belly is starting to get in the way a little bit and I know it's only going to get worse! The worst so far as been tying my shoes...luckily the only shoes I have to tie are my softball cleats and tennis shoes when I workout :) Thank goodness for slip on work shoes and flip flops! My wrists have been so much better since I made my changes, I still wear the braces at night and they are a little sore in the morning but it goes away quite quickly. I thought they would get worse since my fingers/wrists are swelling a little more now but so far, so good!
Here's to hoping the next twelve weeks go by smoothly and quickly!!









No comments:
Post a Comment