I couldn't hold out on the nursery pictures until it's done, it just looks too cute so far!!! I am one lucky girl to be married to Jeremy, he is such the handy man! He is so crafty and has made it look even better than I could have imagined it could have looked.
Before I get to pictures of the nursery, I'll bring you up to date on what we've been up to lately. As usual, our week nights are consumed with softball games. Thankfully we don't have games tomorrow or Thursday night due to the 4th but Jeremy is out there in the heat playing a double header tonight!! I wanted to go watch, but I'm not interested in sitting in that heat right now...inside is so much nicer and I'm enjoying the cool basement and feeling baby C kick as I lounge on the couch!
The weekend of the 23rd we headed back to EC on Saturday for Jenny and Matt's wedding! It was a beautiful wedding and it was great spending the day hanging out with Tanya! Congrats to you Jenny and Matt!!
Oh and to bring back the college days, Tanya, Jeremy and I made a stop at Jeff & Jim's or Jim's Pizza I believe it's called now...had to get ourselves some manjare rolls!! It was entertaining as we waited for our rolls because this drunk guy decided to start talking to us knew everything! He went on to tell us that no one goes to Stout to become a Dr...wow, this guy really knew what he was talking about!! Good memories, right Tanya??
![]() |
| Love photo booths! |
Sunday after the wedding I had lunch with a girlfriend and we did some shopping for baby C! We needed a ceiling fan for the room and some fabric to make a pelmet box for the window (thanks Andrea and Anna for posting about these!).
Onto the nursery...ever since my friend Angela gave us this cute little elephant onesie, I've been obsessed with elephants! Right then and there I knew that was the theme for our nursery. That being said, we decided grey would be a great color for the walls so we could give it some pop with colored accents on the grey. My mom suggested we try a lighter grey so the room isn't dark but we went a little too light because the grey looked more like a light blue...needless to stay, that wasn't going to work. We headed back to Lowes and picked out a darker and much better grey! It's exactly what I pictured it would look like and I think it's perfect!!
Well with Jeremy being as artistic as he is, we couldn't just stop with grey walls could we? Nope! He painted circles on the wall in yellow, green and orange to match the super cute Zutano elephant sheets we got.
![]() |
| The sheets! |
He seriosuly amazes me. We got the circle idea on pinterest, but I'll be honest, I think his look way better than the picture we got the idea from! There is a slight space just above the middle of the wall where the name is going to go :) We purchased the letters to spell out the names we've picked and I can't wait to hang those on the wall once Baby C is born. The letters will be white and they are such a fun font that it's going to look great! Without further adue, here are some pictures!
![]() |
| How cute are these circles!? The ceiling fan even matches the grey walls ;) |
![]() |
| I love the big ones :) |
![]() |
| Pelmet box - how lucky were we that the colors match the paint perfectly!? And the leaves are perfect for the elephant theme :) |
The crib is going to go on the wall with the circles and we measured them out so some of them will "peek" out from the sides of the crib. (The window wall and the circle wall are opposite each other.) Jeremy still has some work to do...putting all the furniture together is the next job and I hope I can help help! After that he's making a couple of other items for the two remaining walls. Obviously there are no elephants yet, so that's going to be part of what he's making. ;) I won't divulge anymore because I'm sure what he makes is going to be much better than I could even try to explain on here. Check back for updated pictures of the nursery in a couple of weeks!! Hopefully the furniture is up by then!
This past weekend we went up to the cabin but had some other activities going on as well. Saturday morning/early afternoon we went for pontoon ride and swam at a sandbar to cool off. Maple did the most actually swimming out of anyone, I don't think she stopped until we all got back in the boat. She loves the water! Saturday night we headed back to Altoona for Tony's little brother Drew's graduation party - Congrats Drew!!
Sunday afternoon I went to a baby shower for Jeremy's cousin's wife Molly. Mike and Molly live in Reno, NV and came back for the week so Mike's mom and sisters threw Molly a shower! It was so fun to see Molly and her little baby bump! Crazy to think three of us on the same side are pregnant and we are within 2 1/2 weeks of each other! Grandma Madson is going to get three great grand babies at once! Jessica is due October 15th, I'm due October 22nd and Molly is due November 6th. With us being so close, it could be any one of us that has a baby first!!
![]() |
| Triple Baby Bumps!! |
As usual, I'll leave you with my updated belly pictures.
Hope everyone has a nice 4th of July!! Stay cool :)








No comments:
Post a Comment