Last week we started working on the nursery! We knew this past weekend we were heading up to the cities to buy all the nursery furniture but first we had to figure out where to put the bed, dresser and other items that were previously in that room! On Wednesday night I had book club, we read Fifty Shades of Grey - it was the first book club we talked about the book practically the whole time :) Anyway, while I was at book club, Jeremy was hard at work cleaning out the garage, hanging our bikes, moving our extra dining room table out to the garage and up in the rafters and putting the bed in the storage shed! He worked hard! We had a dresser in that room with junk drawers basically. I cleaned out my couple of drawers earlier in the week and on Thursday night Jeremy cleaned out his so the room was basically empty.
Friday I turned 27 and it was a great day! I truly have some wonderful friends in Owatonna and I am extremely grateful for that! My new team at work started a tradition of decorating cubes on birthdays so my cube was beautifully decorated (Thanks Danielle!). Our team even had trivia - it was pretty interesting to see what a gallon of gas, a gallon of milk and a stamp cost back in 1985! A while back I had made some pretty amazing chocolate chip cookie dough truffles and the lady who writes the blog I found the recipe on came out with a WHOLE book dedicated to cookie dough recipes. Amazing! Check out Love and Olive Oil for her recipes and I believe it will take you to her book (I ordered it off Amazon). I made the chocolate chip cookie dough sandwiches and chocolate chip cookie dough fudge. The fudge was good but the sandwiches were the best!!
After work we had plans to grill out but pizza sounded better so we hit up Pizza Ranch in town. It has been quite a while since I've been to a buffet and I'm fine with not going to one for a while because I was soo full afterwards! Once we stuffed ourselves we headed to Lowes to pick out paint for the nursery. We had been there a couple of times before and looked at swatches but I ordered one set of sheets for the crib and we matched colors as best we could. 4 paint cans later we made our way home. Curious what it's going to look like? Well it's going to be a surprise until it's done!! I'll be taking pictures along the way but I won't be posting any until we have a completed project ;)
Saturday we headed up to the cities and after a great lunch with Jennie we browsed Babies R Us for the millionth time. Our main baby registry is on diapers.com because it's an amazing site but with it being a website, it's hard to judge certain things so I checked as many items as I could at Babies R Us to make sure they were what we wanted.
On a side note, if you haven't been on diapers.com, I highly recommend it! You can get great deals on diapers and everything else. They don't have just diapers as the name would say however, your first order you can get $10 off a box of diapers! I've ordered 5 boxes off of there so far and I've saved at least $50 from retail price - they have tons of sales!!
Target was next on the list and we did start a small registry there just to have another option for people if they don't want to order online for shower gifts. I simply cannot say enough good stuff about diapers.com because they also offer FREE shipping on anything ordered off of a registry and if you are just ordering yourself, it's free two day shipping for orders over $49!!
Last stop was IKEA where all the big purchases were made! Crib, dresser and bookshelf - checked off the list! Right now the boxes are just hanging out in our living room until the painting is done. I hope no one wants to visit for the next few weeks because our living room is MIA!!! Boxes, stroller, diapers and you name it are packed in there.
Jeremy did the first coat of paint in the room yesterday and after his softball game tonight he'll be putting the second one on. Then comes the fun decoration part and putting all the furniture together! I can't wait to share pictures when it's all done!!
That's about it right now for baby updates and not much else going on in the Carey household. Each week is pretty jam packed with softball games 3 nights a week and then whatever else seems to pop up. Summer is going by so fast already and it feels like October is going to be here before we know it :) I'm having so much fun planning for baby stuff. Next big item on the list is finding a daycare provider. The one I was hoping to get into doesn't have an infant opening when we need it so now I get to start weeding through the huge list I have! Wish me luck - I made a call to another one I was referred to today and I'm hoping she has an opening so we can at least get in and interview her.
One last item, since my last post, my wrists have gotten quite a bit better. I sure hope I'm not jinxing this so *knock on wood.* I've been able to sleep much better and they are bearable during the work day. I think the myo facial release helped so I might stick with doing that every 5-6 weeks until the end of the pregnancy if it keeps working.
I'm about to run off to a Zumba class so I'll leave you with the baby bump progress...
**I forgot to mention Father's Day! I thought it would be cute to get Jeremy a little kiddo's fishing pole, net and a carhart onesie, I couldn't resist :) Baby C is going to be well equipped to be daddy's little fishing buddy! Although that was a present to him, he also got a skill saw which will come in handy with the nursery!



No comments:
Post a Comment