We, or should I say Jeremy, has been finishing up some projects around the house before we get started on the nursery. First he put in the radon system and then he got started on the last little bit of the basement he didn't do last year. He must have had more motivation last year because he did a ton of work in about 5 weeks and this time it took longer, much longer. Luckily it only occupied basically one wall and I could still get to the nicely finished other portion of the basement :)
This time around he insulated, drywalled (and everything that goes with that), painted the rest of the walls and made all of the trim again! Old basement on the left, new on the right.
The last weekend in April we headed up to the cities to do some shopping for Baby C. I was hoping we would come out more successfully but we didn't. I ended up getting a few more maternity shirts and that was about the only purchase at the MOA. Afterwards we went to IKEA and found a couple of dressers we really like and potentially a crib! We did buy anything, just wrote down some things we liked and headed onto Babies R Us. That store is quite overwhelming. Way too many options...I'm so glad I bought the book Baby Bargains which I feel is really helping me narrow down my decision on our crib and dresser. Once I get through that section, I can move onto all the other fun stuff!!
Softball started last week and it is going to consume our week nights until the end of July!! Jeremy plays men's on Mondays and they generally have double headers (which is where he is tonight). Then on Tuesdays we play co-ed together and on Thursdays I have women's. Monday night last week Jeremy's team split and on Tuesday we won our first co-ed game thanks to a forfeit! On Thursday I had a double header and we split as well. I ended up playing first base in women's which doesn't concern we quite as much as co-ed. Tomorrow night we have our first actual co-ed game and I'll be playing left field. I have a feeling I might get my workout in running all over the outfield!!
This past weekend was opening fishing so we made our way up to the cabin! Jeremy had worked four 10 hour days last week so since he had Friday off I took a half day and we actually got to the cabin at a decent time! We got to enjoy a little bit of nice weather and then the rain started. Sadly it didn't really stop...although it wasn't a heavy rain all day, it was enough to keep me out of the boat and in the cabin! Although it was crummy weather, I did get a good start on the book I'm reading, The Girl With the Drago Tattoo. So far, I really like it!! Can't wait to continue reading the triology and then see the movie! We are heading up again this weekend and I'm hoping for much better weather!!
Pregnancy wise, things are going good! I think I'm finally through the morning sickness/all day nauceousness stage...YAY! Every once and a while I'll get an icky feeling but nothing like before. I've started showing quite a bit more in my opinion but I'm still not in any maternity clothes. I've got a decent amount of maternity clothes but I still have plenty of shirts that are long enough to cover the bump and the majority of my pants fit just fine with my Bella Band. We'll see how much longer that will be comfortable before I make the switch!!
After a scary dream last night in which Baby C came way early and we had NOTHING for him/her I went on a little bit of a shopping spree tonight! In my dream, we didn't even have a crib let alone anything else...luckily with how much of a planner I am, I doubt that will be the case but it kicked me into gear to start buying a couple things. I also want to space stuff out as much as I can, so good to start early!! I ordered our first box of diapers and a body oil from diapers.com. If other moms haven't checked out this website, I recommend it! You can get good deals on diapers and it has free 2-day shipping over $49! I actually got a $10 coupon on diapers today so I feel like I got a decent deal. Hopoefully the coupons keep coming and I can stock up on diapers before Baby C comes! I also ordered two more maternity dresses. We have 6 weddings this summer/fall plus showers etc so I figure they will come in handy! The last thing I bought was our diaper bag!! I absolutely love the bags from Timbuk2 (thanks Stacy) and I've been waiting for the bag I want to go on sale. Usually I get an e-mail when they have a sale but for whatever reason I didn't. Anyway, it must be my lucky day because the bag I wanted was 30% off! Done deal!!
Here is the progress on the baby bump!!
I had to include this cute picture of miss Maple! Don't want to forget about her :)









1 comment:
Love the baby bump, Amy! You look so cute!! Good luck with all the baby decisions that are ahead... lots of things to think about! Whatever you decide {crib, car seat, bedding, etc..} it will be perfect :)
Post a Comment