SURPRISE! We made it through the ultrasound without finding out what we're having so now we're home free! I verified with the doctor and they don't even write it in the file, so no accidental slips from the doctors office :) I'll be honest, I thought I might cave and ask to find out but ultimately, I'm really glad we didn't. It's going to be so fun to find out what Baby C is in a few short months!
This ultrasound was way more interesting than the last one. First time around all we saw was a little spec and the yolk sac and now there is a definite baby in there!! I was impressed with everything they looked at. Our baby is very healthy and that's all we wanted! They did a very thorough check of the heart including the chambers, the valves and everything else that connects to it and it was such a relief to know there were no heart defects. All the other organs looked good and the baby was kicking around and moving it's arms quite a bit. I went with a semi-full bladder as instructed but that's kind of a hard thing to do when you have to go to the bathroom every hour or so! Needless to say, my bladder was a little too full part way through the ultrasound! It was pretty funny to see the baby's legs stretch out and kick around more after I emptied my bladder. Poor little thing gets squished pretty easily in there!
After the ultrasound we met with the doctor who let us know everything looked great. Our baby is measuring right on track so the due date stays the same. The had all the measurements on a chart and our baby was literally right in the middle! So happy that it's not a big baby or small for that matter. As for me, it's a low risk pregnancy which was great to hear! I can keep on working out and playing sports just as I have been. I was so glad to hear that since I actually have energy most days to workout :) I made sure to get a good workout in after we got home! This mama is doing her best to stay in shape!
Here are our pictures from the ultrasound.
 |
| Profile #1 |
 |
| Profile #2 |
 |
| Profile #3 |
 |
| Profile #4 |
 |
| Perfect little fingers! |
 |
| And oh so cute toes! |
 |
| Profile #5 |
 |
| Heart Rate was 146 BPM today. |
We are half-way through the pregnancy on Monday! Can't believe how fast it's gone so far but at the same time we're so excited for Baby C to get here that it's okay if the time moves quickly! I have a feeling this summer is going to fly whether we want it to our not considering we have plans almost every weekend through September!! Baby C will be here before we know it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment