I can't believe I'm already 18 weeks today! I feel like I just posted but it's already been two weeks. Where is the time going!? I'm starting to think October is going to be here before we know it :)
Two weekends ago we went up to the cabin and the weather was beautiful! Jeremy's friend Jake came with and the boys had a great time fishing all weekend. Maple had a great time running around and I hung out reading my book. It was Mother's Day weekend and even though I'm not quite mother yet, Jeremy got me one of these amazing lounge chairs and gave it to me a day early so I could enjoy it the whole weekend!
![]() |
| Such a comfy chair!!! |
The second trimester has been going pretty good compared to the first trimester, up until last week. Did anyone else know you could get carpal tunnel while you're pregnant!? Me neither...well, if you were wondering, you can! Last Monday morning I woke up thinking I slept funny on my right hand and didn't think much of it. Tuesday morning it hurt a little bit worse and then the pain really came on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. At about 3am I woke up in excruciating pain and couldn't fall back asleep. I typed in "hand pain during pregnancy" and a ton of websites came up about how you can get carpal tunnel during pregnancy! It's gotten worse since then and my mom was gracious enough to send me her carpal tunnel wrist brace which came in the mail on Friday. I've been wearing that and it's helped a little bit there is still quite a bit of pain. I just keep telling myself it's getting me read for waking up a million times during the night once Baby C is born :) I did get to watch a couple episodes of Modern Family Friday night/Saturday morning and read a couple chapters of my latest book Saturday night/Sunday morning. I did actually sleep mostly through the night last night so that was amazing! I made an appointment with my doc and can get in Wednesday morning so we'll see if there is anything they can do for me. I've been alternating with ice/heat at the end of the day and trying to keep it elevated so we'll see what I find out on Wednesday. From what I've read online, most of the time the carpal tunnel goes away after pregnancy so that's what we're hoping for!!!
I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining because that's the last thing I want to do with how badly we've wanted this baby! Other than the hand/wrist, things have been good! I'm still wearing my regular clothes thanks to the bella band but I'm running out of shirts that are long enough to cover my belly. I've tried on a couple of my maternity shirts and they big, I'm wondering if I should have bought a couple smaller sizes for the time being instead of ones that fit when I was wearing the 7 month belly in the store...we'll see!!
I'm so happy that since entering the second trimester I've been able to get back into my workout routine! I'm not working out as many days a week but I'm still working out hard when I do. I've been able to do either Zumba or Turbo Kick 2-3 times a week and I'm playing softball twice a week. In addition to that I've been able to get on a couple of walks here and there. Here's to hoping I can keep working out like this through the majority of the pregnancy!
I'm not sure that I can say I've felt Baby C move but I've had some "different" feelings in my belly and can only hope that's what they are! I'm hopeful I'll be able to feel Baby C moving around within the next couple of weeks :)
As I look at my weekly pictures, it really looks like I've popped out since week 17 to 18! Oh baby :)
Our ultrasound is on the 30th and we couldn't be more excited! We've decided not to find out what we're having so Baby C is going to be a surprise!!



1 comment:
Hi Amy,
I just read your post and saw you had carpal tunnel. I got it too, at around 20 weeks. Unfortunately, I still have it in my right wrist and my daughter is 9 weeks old. I had the same feeling when I woke up one random morning thinking i had slept poorly on my wrist I remember it even hurting to flush the toilet!! My pain really was isolated to the thumb joint of my wrist. I try not to hyper-extend it, but it just happens. I really hope your pain goes away faster than mine has!!
Best of luck on the rest of your pregnancy!!
LeAnn Siitari
Post a Comment