Monday, November 1, 2010

Jessica's Shower and Bachelorette Party

Saturday was Jessica's Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party! I had a lot of fun planning it with the help of both families, thanks everyone!

I made all of the shower invitations, recipe cards, recipe card dividers and put together a photo album with Jess & Tony's newly taken engagement pictures. It was definitely the biggest shower I've hosted, there was just under 50 people there in total! Jessica got a ton of amazing gifts and I think everyone had a good time.

The food was great! A bunch of family members pitched in and we had open faced sandwiches, ham sandwiches, snicker salad, asian salad, pasta salad, a veggie tray, fruit bowl, buffalo chicken dip, deviled eggs and some other relishes and chips/dip. Jessie Schick (the in-law's neighbor) made two cakes and they were delicious!

One of the tables.

The room we used for the shower at The Plaza.

Balloons and recipe card box.

Recipe card box up close.

Jessica with her wad of gum - 9 pieces in total!

Jessica with her cake.

Aunt Jayne, Jessica, Julie and myself.

After the bridal shower we had the bachelorette party! It was a surprise theme to Jessica and since it was Halloween weekend, it was a football themed party! Jessica loves football so it was an easy choice. Thanks to Kari, we were able to get Tony's high school football jersey for Jessica to wear.

The party started out at the hotel again and we had an awesome group of 20 people! We went around and told our best memory with Jessica and had a bite to eat before we went out! I put together a scavenger hunt with ten different items so we split up into 4 teams of 5 people. Jessica's team won!

Scavenger hunt game.

We rode the Rightway Shuttle all night and we started off at no where other than good ole' Rolly's!

ere is a picture of the whole group before heading out!

Jessica and I at Rolly's.

Jessica, her aunt Shelly and mom at the 400 Club.

A few of the girls at Shenan's.

Rose, Jessica and I on the bus ride home!

1 comment:

Ceej and Em said...

What a great idea! I love the football theme for a Bachelorette party :).