Last Friday we fed Sawyer her first food - avocado! I did a lot of research on when to start solids, what to feed first, how often to feed, how much to feed, you name it, I've probably read about it. We decided to wait until she was at least 6 months old and we skipped baby cereal going straight for a fruit, avocado! Avocado is a great first baby food, it has good fats, it's easily digested and has a mild taste. Sawyer ate a few bites and that was all she was interested in. Right now, it's all about practice, so in my opinion, she did just fine. We're easing into the solids thing by only offering one meal a day and depending on how that goes, we'll decide when to add a second but I'm in no hurry and unless she really shows interest, we'll stick with one meal a day for a couple of months.
All ready for her first taste of food.
Maple wasn't too sure about Sawyer getting food, she had to check it out and make sure everything was okay.
Yummy mouth full of avocado!
Watching dad instead of focusing on eating.
Even a little smile. I think she liked it!
On Saturday we had our own little baby food factory in our kitchen.
I got a baby bullet and baby bullet steamer as a baby shower gifts and they are perfect for making baby food. Not only is the food so much healthier but it's cheaper too! Out of one sweet potato, one butternut squash, two zucchini, 2 apples, 2 pears, 2 cups of frozen peas and 2 cups of frozen green beans, I was able to fill all 10 baby bullet storage cups, 5 ice cube trays and the baby bullet freezer tray with food. I've also got a can of pure pumpkin and at some point banana that we'll introduce as well. I think I'll make some peach, plum, prune and yellow squash in the next couple of weeks so we can keep introducing new flavors. It will be fun to see what her favorites are!
Since Friday, we've offered food once a day. The second and third day she only took a couple of bites of the avocado, not as interested as she was the first day. We then moved on to sweet potatoes and the first couple of days, she only took a couple of bites but last night, she ate everything I had in the bowl. After her non-interest, I bet I've only been putting a couple of teaspoons in the bowl, if that, but it was better! Tonight we tried butternut squash and although she only ate about a teaspoon, I think she liked it!






No comments:
Post a Comment