Tuesday, October 23, 2012

3 weeks old!

How is Sawyer 3 weeks old already?  The time is going too fast!  We've been busy the last week but I've also had lots of time to cuddle my little girl :)

Whitney brought her new puppy Oatis over,  Our kiddos are the same size ;)

First time in the Ergo carrier!  I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this!!
Sawyer is pretty content on her boppy!
We've been doing lots of tummy time, mostly on my chest but she likes her mat too!  We can easily get 20 minutes in on here :)  She's definitely working on her neck strength and moves her head from side to side while laying on the mat. 

Tummy time with Maple watching every move she makes!

Daddy with Sawyer :)
 I made my first visit into the office with Sawyer today and she did great!  I timed it well and she slept the whole time!  She was content no matter who was holding her.  It was great to see everyone!  My teammates gave us a great gift which included the pink blanket in the picture below with her name embroidered on it.  Thanks Mighty Midwesterners :) 
 

Snuggled up in her new blanket.

Hanging out in her rock n play with her soft blanket :)

Love this face!
 Little Sawyer has kept us in and out of the clinic, that's for sure! After her two week appointment her bili was still in the 14's so the next route was to feed her formula for 24 hours to bring it down faster.  I was hesitant to do so as I didn't want the bottle to mess up breastfeeding at all, but she's a champ and she went back to breastfeeding perfectly fine!  Plus the formula brought her bili down to 11 and she looks much better! On Friday morning I was a little freaked out when she had quite the bloody diaper.  She has had a little blood here or there, but nothing like this so we headed to the clinic again.  Turns out she more than likely has an allergy to cow's milk protein and the 24 hours of formula made it worse!  Boy oh boy.  So now I need to go dairy free for 2-3 weeks to see if there is improvement and then we can check back in with the doc to see if I can slowly reintroduce dairy products or if I have to continue the dairy free diet the whole time I'm breastfeeding.  We've already seen an improvement in her stools so I think that dairy was the issue! 
 
She also had a plugged tear duct in her right eye.  All of a sudden on Saturday afternoon her eye was crusted shut.  Thankfully we've been able to fix this at home with warm wash clothes, massaging the duct and a little breast milk.  Hopefully this is the last thing our peanut has to deal with for a while.

Bath time is going much better than the first time we gave her one at home.  I wouldn't go so far as to say she loves it, but she no longer cries while she is in the tub so that is a step in the right direction!  Soon enough she'll be loving bath time and will be splashing up a storm :)

I have finally gotten over my fear of having Sawyer sleep in her room...well maybe not over it, but I'm doing better :)  She's had an issue with gagging so I've been nervous about not having her next to me in case she isn't able to swallow it.  She had been sleeping in her rock n play as she was slightly elevated but as of Sunday, she's been in her crib.  It doesn't matter to her where she is, she sleeps the same, it's just me being a worry wart.  Her gagging has gotten much better so I'm a little less nervous but I have this feeling I'll never stop worrying about her!
 
All swaddled up in her crib :)
Sawyer and I made a trip to the amazing newborn clinic today to get her weighed in.  She's doing great and is up to 7 lbs 14 oz!!  Still only the 29th percentile but she's gaining weight so that's all that matters :)
 
How cute is she?  Of course I'm biased but I think she is precious!  You can really see the hair color resemblance in this picture!



2 comments:

Ceej and Em said...

She is so perfect! Congratulations! We were dairy free for 8.5 months and then she just out grew it. You get very used to it, don't worry! One thing I thought really helped was dairy free sour cream - it added that comfort texture to most dishes! Good luck!

The Carey's said...

Thanks Emily! Good to know there is dairy free sour cream!! Surprisingly that's one of the things that seems hard to give up! Hopefully Sawyer out grows it too :)