Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We have so much to be thankful for this year!  We've been blessed with a beautiful daughter, have wonderful families and friends, both have good jobs and we have a great home. 
 
This year for Thanksgiving we went to Cambridge and celebrated the holiday with my mom's side of the family.  It's always nice seeing family and it was wonderful for everyone that was there to meet Sawyer :) 
 
We headed over on Wednesday morning and Sawyer and I stayed until Sunday while daddy went hunting.  My mom made a fabulous meal and I must say, her stuffing this year was amazing!  If only she actually followed recipes and could recite it back for me...I can't imagine being such a good cook to just come up with something!  Her stuffing was from scratch and this year had sesame seeds and mushrooms in it, yummy!  She also made a really good chocolate pie in addition to the traditional pumpkin pie.  I ate way too much food but it was totally worth it :)

The whole gang!  Mom, Aunt Judy, Sawyer, Eric, Me, Jeremy, Matthew, Libby, Zoe, Matt, Christine, Uncle Gary, Lexi, Kerry and Jes. (Maple must have been hiding somewhere!)

Family picture

Snuggling with my little girl

Snuggle time with Grandpa Eric!

Such a sweet girl :)

Friday we took a little road trip over to Prairie Du Sac to the Wollersheim Winery!  We had gone there about 4 years ago the weekend after Thanksgiving so we decided to go again.  I had my first sip of alcohol in a very very long time!  I also stocked up on a few bottles of wine but don't think I'll be enjoying any for a while with the whole breastfeeding thing (totally worth it though!). 
 
Saturday we headed into Madison to have lunch with my Aunt Judy before she had to fly home and we went to the Great Dane downtown.  Such a good restaurant!  Saturday night we relaxed at home and had pizza & movie night :)
 
It was such a nice Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments: