Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How is it almost winter!?

Well I've been a bit of a slacker minus my post a couple weeks ago when I got my CPCU so I'm going to play a little catch up on our fall!

A group of us from work participated in Feed My Starving Children at our church.  Feed My Starving Children is a non-profit organization out of the Twin Cities that has a food formula which is designed to meet the needs of severely malnourished children.  The packages we put together were made of four things:     1. Rice   2. Extruded soy nuggets   3. Vitamins, minerals and a vegetarian flavoring  4. Dehydrated vegetables.

We each had a step in the process of putting the packages of food together.  Each ingredient was measured out and weighed before we sealed the bags tight and boxed them up.  Being that I couldn't stand, thanks to the crutches, I propped myself on a stool and helped seal all the bags.  We were down to our last bag and someone unplugged our sealor before we were done.  Sam handed the bag to Mark and as he went to flatten it out, rice went everywhere! 
Our kickball team rocked again this year as we went undefeated and won the championship for I believe the third year in a row!  I was there to cheer the team on!

The weekend before Halloween we went to Cambridge and the boys went pheseant hunting.  They got a total of six birds.  Libby was such a good hunter!
Matthew with his birds.
The successful hunters!


Libby sure can jump for that frisbee!
The pups had fun running around outside.  Maple chased birds the entire time from tree to tree and Libby never lets her frisbee out of site!

Maple jumping for birds in the tree.


Nice catch Libby!
That Saturday night mom and Eric had their annual Halloween party.  We had a hard time deciding on a good costume, especially with my injury and all, but Jeremy and I came up with our awesome costume idea one night on the way home from kickball!  Jeremy is definetly the creative one and he made both the customes.  The only help I can claim was ordering my ears on Esty!
Wile E Coyote and the Road Runner!


On Halloween weekend Jeremy went hunting but I stayed home and went to Whitney and Mark's Halloween party.  There were definitely some fun customes!  After going all out the weekend before with out costumes I didn't do much this time around.  I wore a Mauer jersey and some softball pants which was fitting since Mauer was pretty much hurt all season!
Peach, Mrs Captain America, Leslie Knope from Park & Rec and Joe Mauer.
I won tickets at work to the Gophers vs. Badgers football game on November 12th so we went to that!  The weather was great but it got a little chilly towards the end of the game.  We had awesome seats, row 19 right off the 45 yard line.  Gotta love the Fed seats!  The game was quite a blow out but it was still fun.  We went out to dinner at Olive Garden afterwards, which was amazing!  I wish we had more of a restaurant variety in Owatonna, but it's probably a good thing for my waistline that we don't! 
Vikings vs. Packers MNF...poor ending but the whole fam dressed up!


This past weekend Jeremy and I both took a day off of work on Friday and headed up north!  But before that, we went to a MN Wild Game thanks to Federated again!  We had seats in row 13 this time and it was an awesome view of the rink for my first NHL game.



After the hockey game we went to Eau Claire and spent the night at Jeremy's parents house.  Lindsey and I met up for breakfast on Friday morning (it was great to see you hun!) and then I spent the rest of the morning/early afternoon wrapping some work up while Jeremy and his dad spent the day hunting. 

Friday afternoon I headed up to Drummond to mom and Eric's hunting cabin.  We went out for a good ole fashioned fish fry!  I love myself a Wisconsin fish fry - I wish we had them in Minnesota.  Saturday Mom, Sarah and I went out for a delicious breakfast at a little school house in Cable and then we went shopping!  After a little time shopping the snow started to fall and boy did it come down.  I think we ended up getting around 10 inches of there and it was beautiful!



The snow extended my stay at the cabin until Sunday as we were planning to come home on Saturday night to attend new members day at church.  Although we would have really liked to be there, it was nice to spend more time with my family and Jeremy got an extra day of hunting in!  Jeremy hasn't gotten a deer during gun season, but he's still got another 3-4 days of hunting left.  If he doesn't, it won't be the end of the world as he already shot two deer during bow season.  I'm sure he'll do some late bow hunting or mussle loader if he doesn't get one this weekend.

Hope everyone has fun plans for Thanskgiving and has their wish lists for Black Friday!  I can't wait :)  I haven't gone the past two years and I really want to get a new TV for our bedroom and a KitchenAid mixer.  If anyone knows where I can get the best deal on either of those in Eau Claire, let me know!

Happy Turkey Day everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. yall sound like u have a great life. great blog btw :)