Monday, May 3, 2010

Alyssa's Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party

Three weeks ago I threw my cousin Alyssa's Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party with the help of my aunt Becky, cousin Kailey and Kelly, Alyssa's other bridesmaid. I really enjoyed planning this day for my cousin and found myself being very creative with the different things I decided to do for the shower.

Here are the invitations I made and sent out to about 50 guests. In each invitation was a recipe card for everyone to bring for Alyssa out of a really cute recipe box I bought from Stampin' Up!





My cousin registered for 10 packs of toilet paper at Target so I thought it would be funny to buy her a pack of the registry but wanted to do something fun with it. Here is what I came up with!







Not only did I make 50+ invitations, but I thought it would be really neat if Alyssa had handmade thank-you cards in her wedding colors to send to everyone from the shower! Here are a couple of my favorite cards that I made. I think I made 35 cards total and of course I had to make them all different which created way more work, but I love making the cards so I didn't mind!











At this point, it was the weekend before and I was pretty much done planning and preparing stuff for the shower, other than a few cards I had left to make. While shopping in Eau Claire for bachelorette party supplies I thought wouldn't it be cool to make little favors for everyone coming to the shower? So that's what I did. I made cookies shaped as a wedding dress, hearts, bells and a cake and frosted them in her wedding colors. Thank god for my wonderful husband who helped me frost them :)





I was very ambitious and I loved doing all of it but I'm glad I don't have to throw them all the time because it takes a lot out of you! Her shower was Saturday morning at 11:00. We played a couple of games, one of with was of a bubble gum game where Alyssa had to eat a piece of bubbilicious gum for every question about Bryson she got wrong (see picture below). For food we had Subway sandwiches, veggies and dip, cheese dip, other chips etc. Here are a few pictures from the shower.




Alyssa and all of her bridesmaids!

After the shower we started the bachelorette party and went to the Beauty School in Wausau and got pedicures! There were 9 girls all together which was a great turn out! I don't have any pictures from this part, but I've put quite a few pictures up so that's probably ok!

As soon as we were done at the Beauty School I went back to the hotel to set up the hotel room for the rest of the bachelorette party. I didn't do a lot, but I did put up a couple of banners and balloons and set up some food and drinks! Being that Alyssa isn't 21 yet, we didn't do the bar scene, but we had a blast hanging out at the hotel and playing games! I did make cosmo slush, which was quite a hit!

We played a game with a pin-up guy poster that I had bought and everyone put lipstick on, was blind-folded, spun about 10 times and then had to kiss the pin-up as close to his manhood as possible. It was quite hilarious!



All in all, everything went as planned and I think everyone had a good time! Next is the wedding on June 19th - I can't wait!!

2 comments:

The Fishers said...

Wow!!!! Feel free to plan any of my parties you want! Impressive!!!

Jenny said...

Those are awesome Amy!