Thursday, March 18, 2010

Updates to the house!

A couple of weeks ago MN started a rebate program for appliances and we decided if we got a rebate we were going to get a new dishwasher. Well within the first day of the rebate program all of the dishwasher rebates were taken and we got a "waiting list" rebate so we decided not to get a new dishwasher at this time. Well as our luck would have it our dishwasher broke last week. The handle was a little loose so I tried shutting the door on the dishwasher and re-opening it and it was stuck shut! Jeremy decided to try to get the door open by taking the handle off and as he was working on it, the dishwasher sparked and blew the fuse! Needless to say, once he got the door open so we could get the dishes out, I didn't feel comfortable even trying to fix it since it blew!

Over the weekend we got a new dishwasher because I really don't like washing dishes by hand and since ours is broken, what better reason to get one! I'm still going to send the rebate in and just pray that some one doesn't use theirs so we get the rebate! It'd be nice to get a $150 rebate from the state!


Picture of the new dishwasher - I love it so far! Gets my dishes nice and clean!

We also decided to paint our bedroom over the weekend which I was so excited about! Now we've paint our kitchen, living room, dining room and bedroom. I don't think we'll paint anything else for a while but you never know! We've got a whole basement that could use some painting :)


Starting to paint! Good-bye ugly pink mauve color! Jeremy doing all his detail edge work.


Oops I got a little paint on the closet door!


Starting the purple accent wall!


Me rolling the purple wall.


The finished product! We got new blinds, curtains, electrical outlets, outlet covers and vents (which aren't shown in this picture).


Another of the finished product.


Another shot.


Our cute little wall decal :)

I absolutely LOVE the new colors in our bedroom! Celery Root and Sweet Bark sure do look good!

No comments: