Alright, so I have my first CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter) test on Wednesday. The test I'm taking is on Finance for Risk Management and Insurance Professionals, which is one of 3 tests that was just changed from being an essay test to an objective test (MC). With the multiple choice tests I've taken in the past, when I earned my AU and AIS, you received your score right away, it's multiple choice, why wouldn't you right?
Tonight I went to take my first practice quiz for the test and get this notice: "Because of the change to an objective (multiple choice) style of exam for this course, students taking this exam in the January 15—March 15, 2010 Testing Window will not receive their grades when they finish this exam. Results will be returned to the Institutes for analysis along with the results of everyone taking this exam. Grades will be released by March 26, 2010."
Hence my title. Really...I have to wait 2 months to get my score!? Now I haven't failed a test yet (knock on wood) but if I were to fail this test on Wednesday I was planning on taking it again within the next couple of weeks while all the information is still fresh in my mind. Now, heaven forbid I fail it, I won't know for 2 months and at that time will basically have to start over studying for it!!
I understand that they're switching from a testing style that they've done for a really long time (essay) to something new for the CPCU exams, but I didn't realize I was taking it in basically a "test phase" window!
The way the testing windows run, when you sign up in a window, you have to pay to switch windows and I was planning on signing up for my next test in the April 15-June 15 window, but if I find out in March that I failed this test, I'll need to retake this one in that window so now in my mind, I can't sign up for a new test in that window until I know for sure that I passed the one I'm taking on Wednesday. I guess the upside to this is that I won't have to study for the new few months...
Geez...I just had to vent a little about that because know I feel like I should have just waited and taken the test in March since I wouldn't find out my test score any time sooner...too late now! Boy do I wish I would have know this...and I was so excited to be taking a Multiple Choice test instead of an Essay test.
Now that I've taken a break from studying, time to start my multiple choice test that needs to be "analyzed" when I'm done with it! Just need to remind myself that I only have 7 more tests to go after this one and then I get to go on a trip somewhere depending on what year I finish all 8 tests in!
On a side note...we're thinking about getting another dog. Are we crazy!?
2 comments:
holy crap yes you are crazy.....UNLESS, you dont plan on having any kids!! chris and I always debated that, but decided our house is too small for 2 40 lb dogs to be running around in, and then babies on top of it!! Have fun with that, are you thinking another springer?
I think we're crazy too, esp since we are planning on having kids! Our breader is having another litter in February so they'd be ready to go home in April sometime...so yes, same kind of dog. Only difference this time is that we want to get an orange and white one instead of a liver and white. I will def keep everyone posted of if we're getting another one! :)
Post a Comment