Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Bar!

There weren't a lot of things we wanted to change in the house and we've made a couple upgrades, but downstairs there were some pretty poor make-shift shelves that were built in and I wanted them gone!! So we decided we would put a bar there...why not right??

I can honestly admit that I didn't help at all...sorry hun! At least my little brother did...all he wanted to do was the demolition of the old shelves! He had intentions of smashing them down with a sledge hammer is what I believe he told me! He did get to knock them down, but a little more cautiously and with a hammer haha!

We're going to plan another get together at the house, probably not for a while as the summer is creeping up on us and leaving us very few open weekends, but maybe early fall!!

It's so much nicer having the open space instead of the shevles, we think it makes the basement look and fell a little bigger!! I wonder what our next improvement will be...I am thinking painting the upstairs living room/dining room and our bedroom!! More to come with that because I don't think Jeremy wants to do that any time soon!!!



Demolition time!



And conitinued...



No more shelves but no bar yet...mid-progress I guess!



Finished bar! :)



From the opposite side.

Feel free to come visit us in Owatonna and try out the new bar haha!! More reason to have visitors :-)

No comments: